Hello everyone! I was told that it was way too early to be talking about fantasy football, but I say it’s never too damn early! So here I have the first three round of the 2013 fantasy draft for you. I hope you take some solace in this and hopefully it will help you out in eight months when you start thinking about drafting your next fantasy team(s). Enjoy!
Picking who will be drafted in the first three rounds of fantasy football next year is not an easy task. You have the entire off season and the draft still to come. But I will do my best to prepare you for your first three rounds. Going with the standard 10 team league.
- Adrian Peterson: There is no one else that should be close to this spot. The only one who has a chance is…
- Arian Foster: He is the only guy I could take and not be upset about missing out on All Day.
- Drew Brees: He’s getting his buddy back to coach the team.
- Ray Rice: He’s still the workhorse on that team and he’s still really really good.
- LeSean McCoy: For some reason Reid didn’t want to use his all star back too much I still can’t figure out why.
- Calvin Johnson: You could make a case to draft Calvin number two, will he defy all odds again? Probably.
- Aaron Rodgers: This man is good at what he does, and what he does is put points on the board.
- Tom Brady: Another quarterback in what is definitely going to be a crop of very good quarter throwers this year.
- Marshawn Lynch: Call him Beast Mode or Skittles but I know one thing, he’s one hell of a running back.
- Alfred Morris: That’s right, I did it. Here’s the thing Quarterback is deep in 2013 what you’re going to need is a solid running back.
Well that was my round one and I don’t need to back up anything I have said for the first round all of these names speak for themselves. Sure you could say Jamal Charles or MJD should be there but these are my predictions not yours. If you want to share your two cents, comment or make your own damn blog. Yes I know quarterback is deep, but honestly Drew Brees was the highest fantasy scorer in 2012, you simply can’t ignore that.
- Maurice Jones Drew: Tough year with the injury but he should be good to go and maybe have an Adrian Peterson type year? Yeah I don’t think so either but he should be 11 worthy.
- Jamal Charles: Tell me who else on the Chiefs that you would like to draft? Don’t say Dwayne Bowe, besides he’s going to be a Bear next year anyway. A man can dream can’t he?
- Matt Forte: There should be an offensive minded head coach coming into Chicago which should make Forte a much more tasty option.
- Frank Gore: This entire season I though this guy would end up hurt, but he kept going and going and going.
- Rob Gronkowski: He’s the best tight end in the league and will remain that way in 2013.
- Brandon Marshall: Is he going to get the looks he did this year? I’m not too sure but I do know he will remain Cutler’s favorite target and that will transfer into fantasy points.
- Doug Martin: He had a great rookie season with some monster games. I don’t expect him to have an over 50 (depending on the league) point game but he should have a solid season.
- A.J. Green: Yeah in case you haven’t noticed this kid is good.
- Dez Bryant: Finally!!! Yes!!! Dez finally did it!!!
- Demaryius Thomas: Who is throwing this guy the ball? Oh that’s right.
So that’s the first two rounds for you. Now as you have seen I have the obvious three quarterbacks in the first round but none in the second. Why is that? Well after the first three the list of quarterback kind of blurs out into an abyss of solid passers. In a ten team league maybe even 12 you can wait a while and still get a really good QB. So I would consider unless the top 3 dogs are on the board and you feel like you can’t pass one up, a case can be made for Peyton Manning as well. And here we go into round three.
- Wes Welker: Is he going to be in a Patriots uniform again? Probably, but either way he’s going to be a solid option.
- Chris Johnson: CJ2k??? In the third round!! You got that right. This guy barley plays at the 1k level anymore.
- Trent Richardson: Going to be a great running back for the Browns, hopefully they will be able to help him.
- Andre Johnson: Still shows up like he is one of the best receivers in the game.
- Julio Jones: Was somewhat inconsistent this year but that will change.
- Darren McFadden: Show me a year were he doesn’t get hurt and I’ll consider changing his draft position.
- Jimmy Graham: Best receiving option on that team and by far the most consistent.
- Hakeem Nicks: He’s another one of those “if he stays healthy” players but when he’s cleared for health, he is one of the best in the league.
- Demarco Murray: The only option in Dallas and he played well before and after the injury. Just has to stay healthy.
- Roddy White: Still has a lot left in the tank to play and should be noted had a better year than his counterpart.
Well that’s all I have for you today regarding fantasy football, stay tuned for more later on.